Saturday, June 20, 2009

A space for Reflecting.....

I'm writing today in a somber mood. I have spent most of my day in a special place that brings peace to me. I lost someone very dear and beloved. I still hurt. I still grieve. I still miss that person. Today is the 1st anniversary. My family has been wonderful to me throughout this. They have been there for me. My special place started with church this morning. Peaceful.
Prayer is consoling. Next, I spent a good part of the day at a spot near the beach with a beautiful view. I wrote down thoughts in a journal. I wrote some notes to a few special people in my life. But most important, I was in deep thought about this person, who was so special to me. This person is at peace and looking down on me lovingly. I know that. I can feel that. Today was my day to stop, take a breath and just think. I hope you all have a special place for reflecting.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, it sounds very similar to a place in my heart where I go.

    I am sending you a hug and a smile,
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more painful than losing someone you really care about, is there? I'm sorry you're hurting, but am happy that you have a special place to go and reflect and just be alone in your thoughts.

    My favorite place was always horseback. Was it Winston Churchill that said the 'outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.'?

    ReplyDelete